Online chat and forums
The Women’s Aid Live Chat is available from:
- Monday to Friday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Head here to find out more.
You can also visit our Survivors’ Forum to talk to others who have been through similar experiences. These services are for over 18s.
If you are under 18, you can chat online to The Mix here.
You can email our direct services
team for advice by contacting
us on the address below and
we will get back to you within 5
"I didn't know I was experiencing domestic abuse for a long time. I remember feeling so relieved the very first time I rang the helpline that someone understood exactly what I was going through."
We will always take you seriously.
The support workers will never tell you what to do, but instead will explore your options with you.
You are in control of what happens next.
What can I email about?
There is no typicalemail. The helpline workers respond to people about a wide range of topics including:
- discussing what abuse is
- safety plans for staying in and leaving an abusive relationship
- safety plans after leaving an abusive partner
- looking for safe accommodation and refuge spaces
- what to expect when services get involved
- looking for face to face or local support
- looking for emotional support after an abusive relationship has ended
- being worried about a friend, colleague or family member